Top Menu

About

Summit Lakes Middle School opened in the fall of 2000 with 481 students and 33 teachers. A team representing the school community created the school’s name, including the word “Summit” representing the name of the city Lee’s Summit and “Lakes” due to the number of lakes in the community, especially within the attendance area. The students who opened the building were charged with naming the school mascot and identifying school colors, hence the navy and hunter green Falcons were born. The school’s initial administrative staff consisted of Dr. Don Andrews, Mr. Cliff Sloan, and Mrs. Janette Cooley. Summit Lakes was initially opened with a capacity of 600 students. In 2004, a bond issue funded a planned second phase, increasing the capacity of the school to approximately 1,000 students. Summit Lakes Middle School is located about one mile west of the intersection of State Route 291 and MO-150.

Stat  Information
Current Enrollment  1098
School Colors Navy and Hunter Green
Mascot Falcon
Grades  7-8
Sends Students to  Lee’s Summit West High School
Business Partners Arvest Bank, Cosentino’s Price Chopper, St. Luke’s East Hospital