SLMS Mission Statement
Our mission is to ensure learning for each student through a developmentally appropriate program which promotes intellectual, physical, emotional, and social growth.
- We believe all students can learn.
- We believe all students must prepare for a changing world by becoming life-long learners.
- We believe in establishing a climate of high expectations for student achievement and in celebrating excellence.
- We believe a safe and orderly environment is conducive to learning.
- We believe students, parents, teachers, and administrators are partners working together to ensure the highest level of student achievement.
- We believe middle school students’ needs include exploration, socialization, identification, and belonging.
- We believe the middle school program must provide developmental opportunities for exploration through co-curricular activities, homeroom, FLIGHT, and SOAR.
- We believe the middle school program must integrate into the curriculum appropriate life skill tools and processes and a common vocabulary of character traits which facilitate character development.
- We believe the middle school program must incorporate democratic principles and citizenship expectations that teach each student responsibility for his/her educational success.